This week I am observing gratitude about the following:
- Every grief, every frustration, every disappointment, every pain, every heartbreak that I have experienced has led me to who I am right now. They have made me stronger, given me perspective and wisdom, and make me appreciate even more the blessings and joy in my life.
- The opportunity to learn from my mistakes and past (and perhaps present) arrogance.
- For laughter that is always essential for getting through challenging moments.
- The litany of values and abundance of privileges that my parents bestowed upon me, and the sense of responsibility to enjoy and share those gifts.
- After decades of loving city life and declaring that I’ll always live in an urban area, I have discovered the virtues and loveliness of life in a Philly suburb that resembles Mayberry.
- Always learning and experiencing new things. Life is never dull.
- Mentoring others, which has afforded me the chance to share my experience and continue to gain wisdom.
- The presence of my faith. though I may wrestle with it and not always be mindful about it.
- Everyday reminders to live presently.